4.08.2007

april showers

Happy Easter everyone, hope the weather is nice where you are (hate to rub it in, but it's 77 degrees here and gorgeous out, possible beach weather).

So I found a place to live - right next to a golf course, across the street from a gorgeous beach. Affordable, in a gated community, and the perfect size for me and a roommate. Surprising how sometimes things just work out when you need them to, especially when you least expect it. I'll put up a pic or two when I get some good ones.

I went out on a date last night - after boozing my face off on Thursday, passing out all across town, and I believe throwing up for a solid four hours, I woke up on Friday with a girl's number in my phone that I barely remembered. The only thing I did remember was promising to take her to dinner at some point. So I called her, made plans, went to a five-star restaurant that's literally less than 5 minutes walking distance from my house, then went to a bar downtown for a few drinks and to hang out with her friends. Absolutely beautiful girl and a ton of fun to be with, too bad she's leaving the island in the next two weeks for a new job back on the mainland. Funny how these things always happen.

I hated thinking it (because it just makes me feel low), but when I got home, all I could think about was her and how much more fun she was than anyone else. Of course, at this point I've sort of got to move on, let her do her thing and me do mine, but that really doesn't make it any easier, I guess.

Hope everyone eats some chocolate today. I'm going to buy myself a few boxes of Peeps, the greatest Easter invention of all time, and pig out.

currently listening: william tell - young at heart

No comments: